Congratulation to Guardian Angell!
THE FISHING NEWS BOAT OF THE YEAR 2016
Shetland’s newest 26 meter whitefish trawler owned by Guardian Angell Fishing Company has together with the best and brightest of the British fishing industry been honoured in the UK’s only awards ceremony celebrating their hard work and dedication, the Fishing News Awards.
"Congratulation to Guardian Angell. Rapp Marine are proud and grateful for the confidence the owners have shown in us to supply the complete Deck Machinery Package to Guardian Angell", says Julian Ramsey, General Manager of Rapp Marine UK.
UK’S BEST FISHING BUSINESSES NAMED
The only awards event dedicated to celebrating the commercial fishing industry returned for 2016. Kelsey Media, Publishers of the leading UK title, Fishing News, hosted the Fishing News Awards on Thursday 26th May 2016 – the night before the first day of the Skipper Expo in Aberdeen.
David Linkie, Editor of Fishing News, which runs the awards, said: “The dedication shown by tonight’s winners, and indeed the entire fishing industry, is second to none. These fishermen, businesses and restaurant are the lifeblood of the industry and deserve this recognition.
Full list of winners:
- Demersal Fisherman of the Year: James Locker – Skipper, Our Lass III WY 261
- Pelagic Fisherman of the Year: William Whyte – Skipper, Forever Grateful FR 249
- Shellfish Fisherman of the Year: John Affleck – Skipper, Soph-Ash-Jay LH 60
- Coastal Fish Restaurant of the Year: The Old Boathouse
- Technical Innovation of the Year: Lobster Pod/Brixham Trawl Makers
- Boat of the Year: Guardian Angell LK272
- Fish Processor of the Year: Flatfish Ltd
- Fishing Port of the Year: Brixham
- Safety Award of the Year: NFFO – Robert Greenwood, Fishing Safety Officer
- Young Fisherman of the Year: Ian Shearer – Skipper, Courageous LK 470/ Harry Simper – Skipper, Silver Harvest IH 311
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Billy Hughes