New Rapp Marine delivery to New VENTURE
Rapp Marine will supply the vessel's full deck machinery and hydraulic package.
Ordered to replace the 28m twin-rig trawler Venture II BF 326, which Macduff Shipyards completed for Skipper Mark Lovie in 2001, the new bulid will be similiar to the stern trawler Endeavour IV.
Rapp Marine's complete deck machinery delivery will include:
- 3 ea. Split trawl winches (28,6t outer and 31.1t middle) with a capacity of 2250m of 26mm-diameter wire
- 3 ea. Split sweep winches (19,4t)
- 3 ea. Bagging winches (12,5t)
- 2 ea. Cod end winches(10,3t)
- 2 ea. Gilson winches (13,5t)
- 1 ea. Toimil 35t/m landing crane
Fishing activities will be controlles through a Rapp Marine PTS Pentagon system. The towing blocks sft will be operated by hydraulic rams to improve fishing capabilities in poorer weather.
Skipper Mark Lovie's new boat is scheduled to start fishing in 2017, when the stern trawler is expected to land mainly into Kinlochbervie.